Episode 17 – WTF is a sequel
First I want to apologize. I had a long week of work, I worked on Saturday, and because of that I feel this is the worst episode I have ever edited. I really only cleaned up some audio issues, and that’s about it. We still delivered solid ass content, but if you notice any audio issues that’s all on me. Next week will be better, I just need to catch up on that sleep…
Tommy and I had Alex back on this week, and as usual the dude brings our discussions to another level. He always brings his A game, and we really needed a 3rd opinion this week for a lot of our topics. In what was probably one of our toughest Link to the Past segments, we were eventually able to agree on the top 5 Xbox 360 games for new gamers. We also discussed WTF does the word sequel mean in todays gaming landscape, and how awful some of the naming conventions are.
If you like what you hear PLEASE leave us a review on iTunes and tell everyone you know to listen. Also, don’t forget our monthly $10 digital gift card giveaway! All you need to do is send us a question or comment to firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered.
1:04 – Intro – What cha playing?
Tommy – Witcher 3 (PS4), Diablo 3 (PS4), Disgaea 4 (Vita)
Rick – Diablo 3 (PS4), God of War (PS4), Rayman Legends (Switch), Street Fighter II (Switch)
Alex – Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360)
8:20 – So, what’s out this week?
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch) – 5/4
- TOTAL WAR SAGA: THRONES OF BRITANNIA (PC) – 5/3
- SUPER MEGA BASEBALL 2 (Xbox One/PS4/PC) – 5/1
- Killing Floor: Incursion (PSVR) – 5/1
13:04 – News
- Famitsu Shares Its Top-40 Games Wishlist For The Mega Drive Mini Read
- Nintendo working on redesign of joy-con for the Switch
- God of War Director Has Plans for Five More Games
- Mega Man 2 and Mega Man X getting a cartridge rerelease
- Nintendo/MS/Sony have 30 Days to remove Warranty voiding stickers of face legal action from FTC
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer Finally Hits!
- Steam adds Nintendo Switch pro controller support in latest beta
28:47 – Literally The Worst
Physical Releases of Games with no disk
32:35 – Link to the Past
59:34 – Memory Card
Tommy – Rainbow 6
Rick – Guitar-O Man
Alex – Alex Kidd in Shinobi World
Game of the Year 1996
Tommy – Super Mario 64
Rick – Super Mario 64
Alex – Resident Evil
1:05:52 – Topic of the Show
Sequels and bad naming conventions
1:18:30 – NPC Chat (Reader mail)
1:23:23 – Back of the Box Trivia